Jason Ward is a professional birder, the host of “Birds of North America,” and a writer for Audubon. He is one of the most talented science communicators on earth, and he is spreading his love of birding like wildfire. In this episode, Macken gets his mind blown multiple times, and talks about some controversial topics with the popular communicator. He also gets the answer to the following questions:
- How fast can peregrine falcons go? (Hint: Stupid fast.)
- What is the difference between a birdwatcher and a birder?
- How come birders are mostly suburban, middle-aged women?
- Should I let my cat outside?
- What do hunters, pokémon-catchers, and birders all have in common?
- Why are there decapitated birds all over my neighborhoods sidewalk?
This was a fun conversation. Jason is an extremely talented individual, and he has a great story. Click the links below to interact with his work!
Birds of North America (MUST WATCH): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF3FwGnwk6iBw5s7Y6WH5Ig
Jason Ward’s Audubon writings: https://www.audubon.org/content/jason-ward
Jason Ward on Twitter: https://twitter.com/JasonWardNY?lang=en